The Daily Retro Pic: McDonald’s in the 1950s

The Daily Retro Pic: McDonald’s in the 1950s

Check that out: 15 cent hamburgers! And this was before McDonald’s had in-house seating. McDonald’s actually began in 1940 as a barbecue restaurant owned by Richard and Maurice McDonald (hence the name). In 1948, they reorganized the business as a hamburger stand. Ray Kroc became a franchisee in 1955 and then purchased the chain. The rest is history.

Sorry, comments are closed for this post.