The Daily Retro Pic: Coney Island’s Original Nathan’s Famous in 1922

The Daily Retro Pic: Coney Island’s Original Nathan’s Famous in 1922

Nathan’s began as a nickel hot dog stand in Coney Island in 1916 and was founded by Nathan and Ida Handwerker. The expansion of the chain was overseen by their son, Murray. All three can be seen in the 1922 photo, above.

Sorry, comments are closed for this post.